蓝色的思念

Friday, December 01, 2006

I'm approaching the oasis...

As I stumble along the vast barren plains, eating and breathing the sand that penetrates everything, I mutter a silent prayer. There is nothing on the horizon, nothing as far as the eye can see. Is this it? Have I trudged through six months of desert, only to encounter more of the same? My head spins, and I will myself not to fall. I catch sight of something, an anomaly in my unchanging field of vision. Could that be...?

***

Yes it is!! A long-awaited vacation to the island now most famous for its "seas of red" on the streets. And not to mention the food glorious food!! Finally I can get to taste what the 食字路口 people munch on. I dunno if it's coz i'm a local here or what, but I just dun think we offer a very large variety of food, I mean, not so much a food paradise as it's made out to be. Of course I stand by my bedok hawker centre cuisine, and when I was in France facing varying combinations of chips and XX (choose from fish or chicken) everyday, I really missed local food. But anyway, back to TW.

Found a good place online for those who are planning their own trips...www.tripadvisor.com. The forums are managed by local experts of the particular country who are extremely detailed in giving advice and tips. V. helpful site.

If i'm in the mood, will blog bout it when i return...

So...happy holidays to all my friends who are venturing abroad, and to the rest of the no-lifers (=p look who's talking)...enjoy rainy Singapore. :D

1 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just in case you didn't know, when i was there in dec it was rather wet too. An umbrella will be most useful... N be careful of the wind chills.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home