蓝色的思念

Friday, July 20, 2007

It's here but...

Tomorrow's the day of release for the final book in the Harry Potter series, and i have not ordered it. Am not intending to camp outside borders either. Am just gonna let the mania pass me by like it did for the earlier books (until the price of the book drops to a more affordable level). Thankfully I am not one who minds spoilers (in fact, I quite like them).

Am sitting here awaiting my 1145 am class, and am having this feeling that I've forgotten many things...but can't for the life of me figure out wat. (oo it's mambo no.5 on radio) I guess I really should shift my gaze to the stack of papers lying just a mere thirty cm away...

Have been reading papers lately and pondering some of the issues discussed. Like the whole Live Earth thing for instance. Neil Humphrey proclaimed it a farce in the Today paper, and I kinda agree. Not quite sure what the concert was trying to achieve, esp. when you think about the amount of electricity consumed as a result of it and also the trash generated by concert goers. Think this is where my mom's philosophy has rubbed off me a little - it's useless to have all talk no action. So ultimately it's the real stuff that people do, or dun do, that matters. It's not easy to do things like not use plastic cutlery or plastic bags when they are so freely available. Or to not drive cars when they offer so much more convenience. Or to just lug a bag of recycled papers to the recycling bin downstairs.

It's nine. Time to start work!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home