蓝色的思念

Monday, June 18, 2007

A thought bubble...

Have been seeing the world with new eyes lately, simply coz of the opportunity of sufficient sleep that the holidays have afforded me with. Really, it's amazing how many slip-ups I commit due to lack of sleep. In a way I do miss the good ol' days in the uni, esp. in the hostel, where I can always sneak back to for a much-needed midday nap. Where 8 am lects can be easily skipped...where I can stay up till wee hours to fulfil my nocturnal habits like watching downloaded movies when it was still not so illegal, aimless surfing, maple story (?? firmly a thing of the past, thankfully)

How I envy those peeps who can survive on a few hours of sleep...it's like..they can get so many more things done...instead of those who are genetically programmed to behave like zombies if they get less than eight hours of sleep.

ok think I've gone on enough about my love affair with the zzz gods...

let's look back at how self spent the one month break...

- Am grateful for the times spent having fun with friends who are also colleagues - late night karaoke, cards, mahjong, meals...thanks for the cheers and thrills peeps..=)...nice to see the more outgoing side of everyone, and to joke and discuss trivia instead of approaching one another solely for work-based issues.
- Learnt very recently that burritos + water+ margaritas with low alcohol content can make me puke (I almost did, but managed to keep it down coz I was at the MRT platform - not a good place for barf). It's the build-up of wind la...my stomach is vulnerable in that aspect.
- Found out just how fun it can be to play around with the timetabling software. Really. Change one timeslot or subject and you realise that you gotta change a million others (which is of course an exaggeration, coming from me)
- Did work in school. Marking files is a dreadddd...
- Did very slightly more housework than usual.
- Charted my future prospects. Scrapped unrealistic ambitions and decided to focus on more feasible stuff.
- Prayed more.

Have been looking back at the semester that has passed, and just feeling rather red-faced when I realised there were so many things I could have done better. Like sometimes I just dun understand why when I'm thinking about doing something and visualising it in my mind, it seems perfectly workable. But say when I actually face the students, I either forget that something totally, or react in some other strange, unplanned manner. I'm just too freakin' nice and weak-willed with people. It's a disadvantage in life, really. Unless your ambition is to be a hermit.

Have been craving for food lately...good yummy food...mmmmm...

Now am just looking ahead to the end of the year when I should (barring any totally unexpected, unwelcome, unpleasant circumstances) be heading on a vacation to Europe (yipppeee...but it's gonna be winter..so...=(...risky for skinny and rhinitis-prone me)...plus the sec 4s are having exams real early in august so will be freed after that...

One week more before I re-enter the semi-conscious state of existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home