蓝色的思念

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Discoveries...

Tis already going to be third Sunday of Advent. Which means less than two weeks to Christmas. Which means around two weeks to start of school. Oh how dreadful that my lovely pleasant dream is ending so soon...

Actually attempted to bake cookies today (since Christmas season is approaching and everyone does cakes and cookies at this time)...but I have to say my oven is a horrible disappointment. Think there might be something wrong with the thermostat coz the dang thing always causes my stuff to be burnt. Either that, or as my mother calmly pointed out, it could jus have been due to my ineptness at baking. I couldn't help but complain loudly about the injustices I've suffered at the hands of the oven, till mommy dear once again had to point out that I appear to have a very defeatist attitude towards failure. well it's not that I'm pessimisstic (spelling...grrr) but everytime I try my hands at baking I'm invariably reminded of how my lab research was like. No results, think real hard, try to reason something out, target one variable and change it, then cross fingers and carry out experiment. Fail again, cycle repeats itself. It's the same with baking. Too sweet, too soft, too hard, too dry, too wet...all involves troubleshooting.

Caught the cartoon Sinbad on channel 5. Turned out to be surprisingly entertaining, with great effects and good storyline. Went to check on its year of release - '03. What happened man..it just slipped by under my nose?? I mean, I always have an eye out for movies. Whether I actually watch them or not is another thing, but I like reading reviews. So turns out that poor Sinbad was a box-office flop, with critics blaming the use of hand-drawn figures for most of the scenes in the cartoon. Apparently, the world is gravitating towards CGI. Yewl. I still favour the hand-drawn stuff, gives a more authentic feel of a classic cartoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home