蓝色的思念

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Whatever...

I'm compensating for my impending absence from the blogging world once term starts. Probably won't have much to blog about then...only material being stuff like...not another bad lesson, or, I forgot to mention this point during class/give something important to someone/collect this set of worksheets, or, I'm so tired today... Pathetic.

In one of my bouts of melancholy yesterday night bought two books as retail therapy (I love MPH)- The Inheritance of Loss (this year's Booker Prize winner yes I'm a sucker for award-winning books) by Kiran Desai (I really like to read her mother's works), and The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis. The latter book was recommended to self by J on board the plane. Something about one demon writing to another or sth like that. Have not read either book. Becoz the sight of the SPA books is making me feel rather guilty.

Took some cat class kids (4 to be exact) to catch a movie. Turned out they had watched most of the watchable ones, so in the end had to settle for Deck the Halls (gulp). Now I'm real picky when it comes to shows so I was beside myself with angst when I had to say the movie title to the ticket person. I mean, I eschew Christmas-themed movies like the plague. But surprisingly the show did provide some laughs at the beginning and the middle bits, though it fell into the usual cliched happy ending mould at the end. Teenagers nowadays really seem different from those during my time. Or was it jus that I was a pretty dull adolescent. Repressed and reticient. Some might say that I'm still like that. Ah well. Hanging out with them makes me feel oooold.

Have been planning to make the long-postponed trip back to school tomorrow...but I'm getting a little...reluctant.....UGH

2 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u can lend me the inheritance then... i read the review in the papers n looks quite interesting...

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sure thing...it's a good read.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home