蓝色的思念

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Some words at a passing

You know sometimes you run into one of those situations where you think to yourself - No, please...not him/her please... Those times where you don't wish for that coincidence to happen. This morning, it did.

Dear Stephen,
Though I do not know you well, and we may just be passing acquaintances to each other, but I do remember that brief period in NIE when we were in the same GESL group, that day when we made a presentation together to get more funding for our project. We never quite met or even spoke again after that. When I learnt of the accident in Cambodia, I immediately thought of you, the only person I've ever met who is an avid dragonboater. No way, I told myself. There are five missing, it can't be that coincidental. I checked my old emails that I never deleted, read the old email you sent before, checked your full name. It tallied with the newspaper report, and I recognised you, the centre photograph amidst the five.

You were a friendly, easygoing type of guy, passionate about sports and I'm sure, a dedicated PE teacher. You and your teammates have been abruptly taken from us, but I pray that you and your friends are in a better place now, safe in the arms of the Lord.

Rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home