蓝色的思念

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Soccer blues...

Was thinking, might as well indulge in this thoughtfest a bit more, since will prob. get little chance to do this come next month with the dreaded opening of school...

So, happened to be viewing the encore telecast of Sing. Idol just now, trying to prevent self from choking on the ba bao self was munching on, while listening to some not-so-fantastic renditions of some difficult songs. But erm, it wasn't really the singing that got to me. What really got my eyes rrrollin' were the smses that kept flashing at me throughout the entire show. I mean, it's kinda hard to fathom why people actually pay $0.60 to send something like - "Hi, I play Maple too!" to be displayed on national TV. Yea so that kinda reminded me that I was, ahem, once a Mapler too...who got stalled at level 31 despite having chalked up an impressive number of hours not eating, not sleeping, not studying, just zombiefied in front of my lappie. Ok so am lousy at games..

Right now, I wish for some cable. I dunno why, I'm normally not into football...am totally not interested in the EPL, and am more keen on the private lives of soccer players, rather than their lives on the pitch. But come World Cup season, I get a little more excited. Watching soccer can sometimes be such an emotional roller coaster. Will always remember this scene in my Sec4 Geography classroom eight years ago...when the Geo. teacher strolled in and flashed "France will win" on the OHP. At which the class violently protested coz the whole world was rooting for Brazil, and hello, who's France? But as one would have it, the unexpected happened and a new champ was born, only to be sorely trashed by uber underdog Senegal four years later. Well well...nostalgia again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home